The application for SFO and LEO can be accessed from the Utah State POST web-page found here. Please follow all instructions listed at the POST site. The application is filled out online and can be saved throughout the process of applying, after submitting your application please make an appointment with Sarah Strickley for application review.
Applications for session 16 will be accepted beginning January 1, 2021 with a deadline of August 15, 2021. Please be advised that space is very limited and applications should be submitted ASAP. SFO classes for the next session will begin September 2021, with the LEO session beginning January 2022. For questions or to see if seats are available, please contact Sarah at (435)652-7916.
Please use the following checklist to ensure you application to the POST Academy is complete. Checklist for POST Academy application:
- Entrance Exam Complete (NPOST) – NO LONGER A REQUIREMENT FOR ENTRANCE INTO ACADEMY (may be required by department)
- Medical Release (not attached to application, turn in to Sarah before September)
- Birth Certificate (or naturalized citizenship number, upload to application)
- High School Diploma or Official Transcript (college or high school, upload to application)
- 1 Photo (upload to application)
- Application Complete (before August 15th, also make appointment for review)
- $200 deposit made to University (This is non-refundable, email copy of receipt to Sarah)
- To make this deposit online, please do so here: DSU CASHNET (DEPOSITS)
- Completed Dixie State University Student Admissions process and Sarah has registered you
Please refer to the Student Information page for instructions for admissions with DSU.
If you don’t have a regular physician you can contact the DSU Wellness Center, (435)652-7756, to make an appointment with their Nurse Practitioner. The cost for DSU students is $10.00… Before you contact them you must be a DSU Student! *Must be within 6 months of submitting application.
The drug screen is not required at the time of application, random drug screens will be held throughout the training.
Don’t forget to schedule a meeting with Sarah Strickley to review your application.