The application for SFO and LEO can be accessed from the Utah State POST web-page at http://www.utahpost.org/knowlegebase/applicant. Please follow all instructions listed at the POST site. The application is filled out online and can be saved throughout the process of applying, after submitting your application please make an appointment with Sarah Strickley for application review.
Applications for session 14, will be accepted beginning December 1, 2018 with a deadline of September 1, 2019. Please be advised that space is limited and applications should be submitted ASAP. SFO classes for next session will begin October 2019, with LEO session beginning January 2020. For questions please contact Sarah at (435)652-7916.
Please use the following checklist to ensure you application to the POST Academy is complete.
Checklist for POST Academy application:
- Entrance Exam Complete (NPOST) – take at DSU Hurricane Education Center (upload to application)
- Medical Release (upload to application)
- Birth Certificate (or naturalized citizenship number) (upload to application)
- High School Diploma or Official Transcript (college or high school) (upload to application)
- 1 Photo (upload to application)
- Application Complete (before September 1st , also make appointment for review)
- $200 deposit made to University (This is non-refundable, email copy of receipt to Sarah)
- To make this deposit online, please do so here: DSU CASHNET DEPOSIT
- Completed Dixie State University Student Admissions process and Sarah has registered you
Please refer to the Student Information page for instructions for admissions with DSU.
If you don’t have a regular physician you can contact the DSU Wellness Center, (435)652-7756, to make an appointment with their Nurse Practitioner. The cost for DSU students is $10.00… Before you contact them you must be a DSU Student! *Must be within 6 months of submitting application.
The drug screen is not required at the time of application, random drug screens will be held throughout the training.